Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ GlissEQ and SPAN windowing ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Would it be possible to provide an option in Span so that it uses more cpu but gives smoother graphics?

So it behaves more like Curve EQ, that is.

Andrew, with the current approach I think this may not be possible.  I'll try to find a better way maybe.

I've just realised (yeah it took me about seven months) that the reason that Span's display appears more sluggish than CurveEQ's is because I have always set the block size to maximum (to gain higher frequency resolution).  But, of course there is a trade-off between time resolution and frequency resolution.

I wonder if it would be possibe (in a SPAN Pro) to change the block size according to frequency, so we can have good time-resolution (and poor frequency-resolution) at high frequencies, and poor time-resolution (and good frequency-resolution) at low frequencies.

Anyway, just a thought.

Andrew, yes, larger block size is indeed the cause of 'slugginess'.  Using different blocksizes is possible (by binary partitioning of the spectrum), but this will require MUCH more CPU resources to calculate, and is pretty complex in implementation (check out Redunoise's spectrum analyzer - it uses exactly the same approach).
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First