Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Which settings are closest to Pultec

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

The Z2 filter setup with a wide bandwidth like 3.5 sounds good, with the cut filter using the same bandwidth!  I have the UA Pultec though when I want this specific sound (the Pultec has the nicest low bottoms and high tops ever, but it also upsamples to 192Khz), but using one GlissEQ boost (dyn 0) with an identically setup cut (dyn 3-4) as Aleksey describes sounds great especially in areas you wish to improve punch or definition without adding mud when that instrument/synth is busy in other freq. ranges.

Jesse, are you the same Medway from planet Z and on Gearslutz (and the electronic producer Medway)?  It's nice to see familiar "faces" around online.  I know what graph you are talking about, but I can't find it anymore!  It was on the Uaudio webpage, but they recently redesigned it and the graph in question is nowhere to be found.

Jesse, yes, bandwidth should be the same as for the boost.

Maybe you guys can help me because when I set up the eq as you decribe I don't get any hump, it just cancels out.

Brian, yes I am the same guy :) Are you BBrian?

Don't forget to shift the cut filter to the right a little - exactly as that Manley text suggests.

Yes, I am BBrian.  If you or Alexsey are interested, I can send a white noise sample through SPAN or some other frequency analyzer and take screenshots of the Pultec boosts (say gains of 3, 6, 10) at different frequencies, or with the low cut and low boost simultaneously, or any other scenario you can suggest.  I am curious myself, I have never tried this.  I can then crop/trim the screenshots and compile them into a HTML page.  What do you guys think?

This probably could be useful, however if you could get these from a real Pultec this could be better.

Brian,

That would be awesome as I was thinking of getting someone

I know to try the same thing.

Also when you guys simulate this in GlissEQ how drastic is the hump?

Jesse

If one of you can show me a screenshot of what you are getting in GlissEQ maybe that would help.  I do get a little hump but this is with full boost and full cut but it only ends up equalling about 3db boost with a 3db hump.  When I had the Uad Pultec it seemed to boost much more than this with about 7 on boost and 5 on cut (not sure of the db values of these settings).

Probably this one looks close: http://www.voxengo.com/temp/glisseq_pultec.jpg (of course it may not).

That's what I'm getting as well.  The problem is even with the settings maxed we are only getting about 3db of boost.  I was able to get what I feel was much more boost with the uad pultec (with corresponding cut).
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.