Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Another suggestion

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Another suggestion:

The ability to solo just the selected center frequency range (muting all other signal out of this bandwidth).  It could be useful to detect/search for instance a resonance frequency (or detect ssssss-frequency) by sweeping this soloed band.

===================================================================================================

P4 2.8Ghz HT,WinXP SP2,2GB RAM,MatroxMilleniumG550,RME Multiface,CubaseSX3,Wavelab6

===================================================================================================

This cannot be implemented easily since GlissEQ does not use any kind of band-bass filtering.  Moreover, I do not see any benefit in this mode, because GlissEQ is not a compressor, it is an equalizer with a different approach and sound.

Maybe there's a misunderstanding.

I don't know if you are familar with IzotopeOzone's EQ (which has this function):

If you select an EQ point here with <ALT> <click>, the sound you can hear now with this feature fucuses only the selected point (the frequencies within the selected band (represented by center-freq and Q).

What I want to do (here in GlissEQ):

- Selecting only one of the 5 points (only one is necessary !!)

- Set Dyn=0

- Choose Peak-Filter Type in GlissEQ with a very small bandwidth (high Q)

- Set gain of this point (vertically) to a high value like 12-15dB

- While hearing the sound move/sweep the point (horizontally) slowly from highest frequency towards the lowest frequency to detect unwanted resonance frequencies (for instance it occurs sometimes in snare drums) or sssss-frequency in vocals.

- It's just for detecting a certain frequency !

Also some De-Essers have this feature to detect sssss-frequency in vocals.

Clear ?

And YES I know this is an Equalizer and has nothing to do with a compressor:) I own a few of your plugins and I'm very happy with them at all.  THANK YOU !!

P4 2.8Ghz HT,WinXP SP2,2GB RAM,MatroxMilleniumG550,RME Multiface,CubaseSX3,Wavelab6

OK, now I understand.  I'll see what I can do.  But this function is not planned for implementation in the nearest future.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.