Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ What is a "dynamic" EQ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey -

I own a pretty good assortment of quality eq's.  I bought the GlissEQ, simply because the presets made a few of my tracks sound killer...and this plugin promises something different to me.

I don't understand exactly what the GlissEQ is doing, though...What is meant by a "dynamic" EQ?  What is the "Dyn" knob doing to affect the sound?  Is it an "intensity"-type regulator for individual frequency modules?

My head's as thick as the day is long, so I'm just trying to get a general vibe of what's going on to produce the Gliss EQ's magic!  The help file vaguely explains its functions, but...Thanks!

It's dynamic, because the actual gain of the filter always changes, depending on the source material.  Dyn setting adjusts the span of this change.

Does the "Dyn" setting also affect transients?

It affects the response of the equalizer and so it also affects transients.

Whatever it does, I love it.  And it's fun to use...as strange as that sounds!

I love the real-time frequency analysis...it's quickly becoming so valuable to me, I can't use any other eq.

Thank you for thinking in such innovative ways!  I'd like to hear your music!

Could GlissEQ also be used effectively for a transient de-emphasis?

One idea I had was this: I've got an acoustic guitar track that sounds OK, but there is some harshness in the high end.  So I'm wondering if, perhaps, I could use a very dynamic setting on one of the peaking filters as a cut right in the middle of a high-shelf boost.  In other words, I want to add some "air" or "sparkle" EQ to the track, but I'd like to be able to remove the occasional harsh transient that is present.

Is this a viable way to use GlissEQ?  I know the demo is available, but it would help if I could get a little more understanding, conceptually.

Would one of the Modes be particularly good for the transient de-empasis?  Do they affect something like a compressor's "attack time" (if so, I'm suppose the fastest possible attack time would be best for this).

wsc, I suggest you to use Transmodder for this 'transient de-emphasis' task.

OK - I'll give Transmodder a whirl.  One of the reasons I was interested in GlissEQ is because it is bundled with Crunchessor, which I'd also like to get.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.