Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Sonar 2.2 exception using automation to control gain

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

Both GlissEQ2 and Elephant are getting exceptions using the Cakewalk VST adapter.  This occurs in Sonar3 also.

The error signature is:

AppName: sonar.exe AppVer: 11.2.0.323 ModName: cwvst.dll

ModVer: 4.3.1.275 Offset: 000082c0

Then the excpetion is "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004".  The memory could not be "read".

I also tried Floorfish using the same simple envelope (just 3 points) an everything is fine - I don't know if that verifies the VST adapter or not 100% but it is additional information.

The exception occurs at the end of the song, the song is about 2 or 3 minutes, in that range.  This is real easy for me to recreate 100% of the time.

Hmm...  I'm unable to cause an exception.  I use the default 'Audio and Midi demo' project in Sonar 2.2.  I have inserted an FX into drum track, then I've added an automation envelope for the Out param, and added several nodes.  Seems like it runs smoothly, UI screen updates are synced to the changes in envelope.

Yes thanks for checking, I was wondering if it would just be me - I've been researching this wonderful new bug all day & experimenting trying to find a workaround or more info.

It seems Cakewalk has some other FX automation issues too - not everyone sees them however just some of the lucky folks, hehe.

I think it has to do with FX automation but I don't think my earlier test tells the whole story.  I can get a failure by replacing GlissEQ2 with another EQ so I don't think it's caused by GlissEQ2 - it just seems that Gliss will make it happen with a shorter fx chain...

Maybe it's the P4 normalization thing...anyway thanks for looking at this - I'll try and make some sense out of it and report this to Cakewalk...

I've performed some testing, too.  I can report that automation shakes somehow (i.e. parameter value when linear envelope is used does not change linearly, but random values appear here and there).  In any case, I'll release another beta of GlissEQ soon, so you may check it out.

Thanks ! :)

I'll see if I can get Cakewalks attention about the crashes...

OK.  By the way, you may check the latest GlissEQ beta v2.1c.

Thanks for the update to 2.1c Aleksey...

Mystery solved - I was still using the beta VST Adapter (v4.3.1.275) from last summer instead of the latest 4.4.1 - yikes...well I deleted the beta, updated the desktop shortcut & all is fine now !

Thanks for the info!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.