Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Realtime Modulation

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

There is something Im not happy about with Gliss.  When you modulate the pass filters in realtime audio clicks are present.  I've just tested Kjaerhus Audio's new Golden Equaliser which has 6 to 48 dB pass filters which can be modulated without glitches.  This is a very powerful and useful effect.  However, good as this plugin is, as usual I still like the sound of your plugin.  It's smoother.  Can the problem in Gliss be improved?

Thanks

I cannot promise that, but I'll try to do something about it.  GlissEQ was not designed as a filter.  It is strictly a parametric equalizer, with auxiliary low- and high-pass filters.

Hi,

OK I understand that Gliss is primarily an EQ but having a good high and low pass filter at either end which is modulatable makes this kind of plugin great.  I also notice that the dB parameter has no effect when these filters are chosen.  This is all possible on the new Kjaerhus plugin.  Maybe you should have a look at this plugin?  I've been pretty impressed with it.  I've been getting some very good results when chaining this before Soniformer 2.0 which by the way I am so far very impressed with.  I'm no expert on plugins.  I've been using a Focusrite compressor, a Mackie mixer and I've got tape as well so the plugins have got to supply something different.

I think the new graphics you are using are good but the dotted lines on the envelope box in Soniformer are a bit unclear.  I think it would look cooler if you made these boxes dark.

To add to the above about the graphics.  The new brushed effect in the backgroung colouring is cool but this slightly obscures things in editing windows.  It makes the dotted lines look at bit uneven and messy.  If you made these areas a plain colour things would look clearer.  I'm actually an artist so I know something about the graphics.  The new look is absolutely fine except for the graphical editing areas.

Ryan, thanks for the ideas.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.