Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Program component responsible for gain ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

I'm reading your description of GlissEQ and have a question.  You state:

"When you specify +6 dB at 100 Hz you don't necessarily get +6 dB of gain.  Actual filter gain is adjusted dynamically according to the program material you are performing filtering on."

Can you state what it is about the program material that causes the gain or any increment of gain ?  In other words how would you characterize a track that receives the full 6dB gain at 100Hz, what about less than 6dB at 100Hz - what would make that happen ?

You've stated in other posts that it is not the threshold that determines the gain so it must be another component of the program content.  There's frequency (of course), rms value (nope - that's threshold), peak value (nope - that's threshold), ramp times like attack and release (decay), what could it be.  I guess it could have something to do with the transient nature of the program material ?  What specifically ?

Thanks -curious mind :)

kylen

The thing is very simple - it is the ratio between the input and the output signal power.  This ratio is constant for the given input signal and the given filter setup, at any volume.

Aleksey, I knew you'd say that ! :)

OK, you're gonna make me have to try this - I was saving up for it anyway and since it's still on special $ I'm looking real hard at it !

One more question - Can I turn the dynamic part off all the way, like dyn = 0 or something like that ?  If I do that will I still get EQ gain but with no dynamics changes ?

Thanks,

kylen

I don't want to disable dynamics completely.  You should use Dyn=1, that's nearly the same as disabled dynamics (you can examine dynamic change meters, BTW).

Oh, you've added DCM's !  I better try this out then - Thanks ! kylen
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.