Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ mastering

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello Aleksey,

would you recommend the GlissEQ for Mastering? or is it more for single track usage?

Yesterday I DL the Demo.  I like very much it's smooth, warm but clean sound!

Today I tried to use it in a Mastering Session.  But after a while I had the feeling, that it made the Mixes sound a little bit "jumpy".

So I went for the UAD EQ's (Cambridge and Pultec).  Although I found it difficult to get the same nice, smooth sound from the other EQ's, the whole Mix seemed to be more stable.

Today I was a little insecure just to trust my ears in this situation so...

What do you think about it?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Peter

From the very start I planned GlissEQ as a 'raw' track equalizer.  Of course, it can be used for mastering, but it can take a while to learn its controls and behaviour.  Also, it is not a good idea to 'overdrive' it using large Dyn values and high filter gains.

Also, I keep improving GlissEQ, so some issues can be resolved in the upcoming releases.

vanielik, you can also try the latest beta v1.1b available for download at http://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

I've updated filters a little so that they sound less 'jumpy'.

hello Aleksey,

you are realy quick!

I'll buy the GlissEQ because I like what it's adding to the sound.  It sounds very musical and gives some liveness to dull tracks.

I would be glad, if you could provide us with some more background information about the includet features (new EQ curves, method 2) and the basic operation princibles.  Sometimes this leads the ears to faster and better results.

Thanks!

Peter

These will be described in the release version v1.1

EQ Mode 2 offers a slightly more smooth sound (not that it is better than mode 1, it is simply different).

New "Z" filters offer a slightly different sound, and I believe these sound better for the equalization in the low end.

Thanks Alex for your great software!

They're very high quality for a very reasonable price!

I've tried GlissEQ extensively and ordered it right away.

It's clean, it's musical and it's very, very smooth ... well, almost too smooth.

Maybe this is the only downside at this point.  It's so sleek that it lacks a bit of character, IMHO.  But maybe this is subject to change as you add more EQ modes with different colouring in the future.

Keep up the good work!

genlock, thanks for your comments.  Possibly yes, another mode or two may add something.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.