Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ No active channels problem

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi, I'm just starting to use GlissEQ with Sonar Professional.  I got it set up and working OK, but I can't figure out how to send different tracks in Sonar to different group buttons in GlissEQ.  I have Sonar set up so that GlissEQ is in the Fx bin of a bus track and then I'm using sends to the GlissEQ bus from other tracks.  Specifically, I'm sending piano from track 6 and violin from track 10 to the GlissEQ bus.  Both instruments show up (blended as one spectrum) in the Group 1 button window.  The Group 2 button always show "No active channels," and I can't figure out how to send to it.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Zaffer

You do not need to use Sonar's Sends.  Please use Import/Export function of GlissEQ itself.  You can read about it in the User Guide.

Hi Aleksey, Thanks for your reply.  I am very new at using Fx plugins in Sonar and obviously I'm missing something here.  I read both the Primary and Gliss User Guides and this is my understanding so far: I have 14 MIDI tracks (small orchestral ensemble) set up with Aria Player Multi so that each MIDI track has it's corresponding Aria audio track with output to Master.  I can connect these tracks to GlissEQ either by adding a bus track with GlissEQ in it's effects bin and sending to it, or by adding separate instances of GlissEQ to each track's effects bin. (Sonar recommends using the send).  In either case, the result is that only one signal reaches GlissEQ and that signal always appears in Group 1.  The Channel Routing is set up to Default Stereo.  I can set up the Export/Import with 2 groups but it doesn't work because there is nothing in the second group.  If you can help me with this or point me to a tutorial, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Zaffer

You can't get multi-track spectrums in GlissEQ via Sends.  You have to use GlissEQ's own Import/Export.  From the user guide:

"The group of “Import From” selectors allows you to import real-time spectrums from other GlissEQ instances.  If no plug-in instances are exporting their spectrums the “Import From” list will be empty.  Imported spectrum’s color will be the same as selected in the exporting plug-in’s instance.  Note that imported spectrum’s resolution and type (average, maximum, etc.) solely depends on the spectrum mode selected in the plug-in instance that exported this spectrum.

For example, if you would like to see spectrums of “bass” and “drums” tracks together with the “vocals” track, you have to put GlissEQ plug-in instance to each of these tracks.  Then set the “Export To” values in the plug-in instances on the “bass” and “drums” tracks, and set two “Import From” selectors in the plug-in instance on the “vocals” track."

Thanks Aleksey, I'll set up my music in Sonar using separate instances of Aria Player instead of Aria Player multi and see if I can get things working from there.

HI Aleksey, I got two spectrums working together by setting up two instances of Aria Player and two instances of GlissEQ.  I see now how it works.  Thanks.

I have SPAN which gives you 3 choices in the sends dialog and then you route them inside SPAN using the Routing dialog.  I was confused because I thought GlissEQ would work the same way.  I like the way SPAN works because I can use my Aria Player multi and have only one Aria player open and I can also have only one SPAN instance open.

Is there any way to send more than one signal to a single instance of GlissEQ so you can have more than one Group activated?  Thanks.

Zaffer

GlissEQ can be configured in a similar way as SPAN in Sonar - make sure its additional inputs are setup in the plugin manager.

Thanks Aleksey,

My problem is that when used as a send, SPAN puts 3 instances of itself in the send menu: SPAN(Input 2)-FX Chain-SPAN, SPAN1(Input 3)-FX Chain-SPAN, and SPAN2(Input 4)-FX Chain-SPAN.  Also, SPAN has 8 inputs in its Channel Routing menu.

GlissEQ, when used as a send has only one instance of itself in the send menu and when used as an FX will only send to Group 1.  Also, the GlissEQ Channel Routing menu as only 2 inputs.  Am I missing something in my Sonar setup that I should research in Sonar?  Thanks again for helping me.

Zaffer

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Sonar.  But I would expect GlissEQ to behave similarly to SPAN - they are both built using a similar toolset.

I would expect GlissEQ and SPAN to work similarly too.  That's why I upgraded to GlissEQ from the free SPAN.  With SPAN I can send from up to 3 stereo channels to SPAN and see spectrums for any two of these in the window.  I can do this with only one instance of SPAN being open.

When I upgraded to GlissEQ, I thought it would work the same way, but with GlissEQ, I have to have an instance of GlissEQ on every channel I want to send. and I can't see any way to send to GlissEQ other than on Group 1.  I think this is because GlissEQ had only 2 inputs in the Channel Routing menu and SPAN has 8.  So there is that difference between the two plugins.  I am disappointed that GlissEQ doesn't work the same way as SPAN.  Thanks for your advice.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First