Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Attack and Release Knob and better Solo function for Gliss EQ

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Aleksey,

i like your Gliss EQ very much, but i have to wishes for the next Update.

First: It would be nice to have the possiblity of Attack and Release of each band for the dynamic behaviour (like the Hofa IQ-Eq).  That give more possibilities for use.

Second: Your Solo listening of a frequency band is good, but it could be better, if i could change the frequancy band and the q of the band and after that it will work with this frequency and q and not the old one, from which i start sweeping. (Take a look at the Dmg Audio Equality, the Auto-listen function)

If you could do this, this Plugin will be the best and most flexible Eq I know.

Thanks and greetings

Svama

Attack and Release controls will not be useful and pronounced like in a compressor, so I'm not going to implement them.  I understand you have your "concept" about GlissEQ's dynamic function, but it has little to do with compression behavior, usuall Attack and Release controls won't give you much control, because dynamic behavior in GlissEQ is highly program-dependent.  Currently available "Dyn Mode" switch gives you options that change internal Attack/Release setting but it is still kind of subtle.

If by "solo" you mean narrow-band sweeping function, the Q setting is adjustable with the mouse wheel and the frequency changes as you move the mouse around with the Ctrl key held.

Hi Aleksey,

my problem with your solo function is:

I can sweep around a band, for example my starting point is 1KHz.  I press Control+Shift, i hear this band solo and now i sweep at 3Khz, but after releasing the mouse, the band jumps back at my sarting point 1KHz, although i´d like to change it at 3 KHz.

Is this normal or do i something wrong?

Thanks and greetings

Svama

I do not fully understand waht do you mean by "solo" then - please express yourself clearly, there is only a single "Solo" function present in GlissEQ - the button near the group selector, and it's not related to control points.

If you are simply moving the band and it then jumps back it means you have host automation "read" active which interferes with control point movements.  Which audio host application are you using, BTW?

Solo means I hear only one frequency band, for example a Peaking with -5db at 1Khz.  If I press Contorl+Shift I hear only this band at 1Khz.  Like the auto-listen function of DMG Audio Equality, if you know this eq.

I don´t mean the solo button and i don´t have host automation in use.

My english isn´t that good to anounce this problem better.

Please take a Peaking filter at 1 KHz with -5dB gain, now press Control+Shift and the left mouse button on the control point of this Peaking filter, now you hear only this band at 1KHz and the rest of the frquence spectrum is muted.

Thanks and greetings

Svama

I think I understand what you mean.  But you are trying to apply a "workflow" that's simply not applicable to GlissEQ. "Narrow-band sweeping" function in GlissEQ is not related to control point movements at all - it works independently of the control points.  I do not see a reason to tie it to control point movements.

all she means is, i can ctl-shift click to solo the sound of the selected band, also if i drag the mouse around while doing so i hear it change level and frequency. when i let go it jumps back to the frequenct and level it was before solo-dragging. thats fine so i dont change my setting while accidentally dragging while only wanting to solo the sound of the current band, BUT id also like to be able to solo the sound, choose a new frequency while soloing, and then have it set upon letting go of the mouse! actually that would be what everyone would want...

Such approach looks a bit complicated.  I think a better workflow is to find the offending frequency first and then put a control point there - not necessarily move an existing control point.

once you find the offending frequency using the solo function, you need the control point to stay at that frequency.

hulio: once you find the offending frequency using the solo function, you need the control point to stay at that frequency.

Yes, of course, but you know the frequency - you can move a control point to that frequency.  Moreover, in sweep mode you can't fine-tune the filter's gain.  You have to tune it without band solo anyway.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First