Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ GlissEQ 3.2 - weird amplification when automating/tweaking Frequency knob

Last

Next

Previous

First

Tweaking or automating the frequency knob gives a weird amplification as long as the knob is moved.

Thought GlissEQ was perfect but this makes it useless for automation :(

Example project (REAPER, 48 kHz): http://www.outburst-audio.com/maik/glisseq-automation.rar (5.35 kB)

-> load

-> playback

=> You should hear what I mean.  Happens with all filter types.

Thanks for the problem report - I'll check it out, but I think it's because GlissEQ's filters were not optimized like usual FX filters.  You'll probably won't hear a problem processing a higher-frequency signal.  Actually, EQ automation is a rarely used feature - that's why nobody reported this issue before.

Ok, hope it can be fixed.  For me it's not that unusual to use EQs for filter automation.

Seems all your other (at least the ones with the new GUIs) plugins have the same problem.  Elephant 3.6 (DC filter), Overtone GEQ 1.8, Stereo Touch 2.3, SPAN 2.1 (Bandpass sweeping) ...

Yes, basically all IIR filters are affected by this issue - I will fix this problem in the future.

Cool, thanks Aleksey.  Much appreciated!

just tried the latest demo...i have a problem with the precision settings in the global settings...every time i load up the eq, they get reset to their default position :S

sunny_j, thanks for the problem report - we'll fix this.

Note that this automation problem will be fixed in the next update.  However, the transition may sound ploppy if too fast changes happen or too high Q factors are used.  This can be considered "normal" since smooth filter transition is a common problem that does not have a universal solution.

A dedicated filter plug-in could probably use a bit more CPU-heavy processing in complex-number form - this way a very smooth transition without loud pops is possible.  Not really suitable for an equalizer.

Ok.  Does it fix the problem in the example project?

Yes, it fixes problem in this project - it now sounds as if there was no automation active.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First