Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ New GlissEQ..!

Aleksey,

can you please make upper limit of the "Freq" knobs to go to half of the samplerate only?  Currently the knob goes up to 96.0k which makes zereo sense when working at 48kHz!  Please limit this at 24.0k in this example.  Thanks!

Also why does GlissEQ switch back to the first group always (when opening the GUI) instead of the last active group?  Shouldn't do this in my opinion.  Just a workflow killer.

i think it makes lots of sense, that the knobs go beyond nyquist when working at 44/48kHz.  When oversampling is used the frequency range at least doubles, the LP Cutoff frequency can be swept down from way above the hearing range and very smooth highcuts can be achieved.  Great feature imo.

Freq knobs will definitely allow such range - I do not see how this is inconvenient.  As Philipp replied, this can actually be quite convenient.

As for the group selection, this requires parametrization - not something I wanted to add for sliders and group selections.  If you are using Reaper I would suggest you to ask their authors to allow "nondestructive" hiding of the user interface like many hosts do.

Ok.  Didn't know that such "nondestructive" hiding needs to implemented in the host.

Posted it in the REAPER tracker: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2189

On the other hand I may rethink the approach.  Like the "Bypass" switch we may have the group selection persistent within the session-until the project is reloaded.  This does not require storing a parameter inside the preset.  I will add this to my "todo" list - so, if you do not have problems with other plug-ins, Reaper may not require such feature.

Ok, thanks!

Aleksey,

what's up with the "Peaking INV" filter?  When doesn't it work as normal peaking filter like all the other peaking filters at Dyn=0?  The sound it produces makes no sense to me.

Small wish:

A new global GlissEQ option to set the default value of "Dyn".  I don't really like the "100" as default.  Would like to lower this a bit (or even maybe set it to 0) ...

Dandruff: Small wish:

Dandruff: A new global GlissEQ option to set the default value of ''Dyn''.  I don't really like the ''100'' as default.  Would like to lower this a bit (or even maybe set it to 0) ...

i second this. it would be great if it was possible to set a default dyn value.

Peaking Inv filter works correctly - it just applies the gain inversely to the "Peaking" filter.  At Dyn=0 it should produce no effect - this is a correct behavior.

As for the default Dyn and BW settings for newly added filters, I'm thinking about copying Dyn from the first band (in the first group) of the default setup.  This will be implemented in the future.

Aleksey Vaneev: Peaking Inv filter works correctly - it just applies the gain inversely to the ''Peaking'' filter.  At Dyn=0 it should produce no effect - this is a correct behavior.

Ok.  At "Dyn 0" I still would expect a normal Peaking filter behaviour instead of doing nothing ...

Aleksey Vaneev: As for the default Dyn and BW settings for newly added filters, I'm thinking about copying Dyn from the first band (in the first group) of the default setup.  This will be implemented in the future.

Cool, thanks!

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.