Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ New GlissEQ..!

absolutely. de esser of course does a very fast attack and release with a special curve, i dont quite understand the deEssers exactly, i assume its a brickwall limiter with a short release time?

but, yes, im talking about a split band compressor with regular attack and release controls.

itd be a wonderful tool, especially with your musical internal algorithms... i suppose the crunchessor could be just expanded, to add split band to the key filter function list, since it would mabe be a quick addition?

but, of course, split band really needs to have threshold and ratio instead of just crunchessor's drive, which could also just be put on the key filter page. another way would be to add threshold and ratio to the main page, and a button over 'drive' that would dim them if it was set to 'auto drive', and dim 'drive' if it was set to 'full control'

that way crunchessor would still work as an auto setting compressor for colouring without changing levels, but the edit button would bring up the full details to turn it into a full blown compressor, and also ZERO latency as it is, is imperative for my use!

in the end, a split band single band compressor is a very important tool and would be an excellent standalone plugin!

-cheers

OK, thanks for your message.  Then again, you are not quite right about Crunchessor's algorithm - it does not have threshold and ratio.  It's just the way it works - I cannot change it without transforming into something else.

i understand. is there a possibility to just add a setting/selection on the key filters to actually switch it to split band? thatd sound really good for guitar, keep the highs, super punch the low mids!!!

-thanks

At the moment I do not have interest in adding split-band function to Crunchessor - moreover, split-band processing is not related to key filtering at all.

What's the "Wider Highs" preset for?  Seems to do nothing!?

Dandruff: What's the ''Wider Highs'' preset for?  Seems to do nothing!?

It's a mid-side stereo preset.

Your're right.

Aleksey,

I'm running at 48kHz - why can I set the lowpass to values >24kHz (up to 96kHz)?  Why is it not possible to set the highpass to something below 20Hz (maybe just via keyboard entry)?

What is the 96kHz spectrum mode for when running at 48kHz?  Is it useful for anything?

Dandruff: I'm running at 48kHz - why can I set the lowpass to values >24kHz (up to 96kHz)?  Why is it not possible to set the highpass to something below 20Hz (maybe just via keyboard entry)?

You may adjust the spectrum display range - you can set filters down to 1 Hz.

Dandruff: What is the 96kHz spectrum mode for when running at 48kHz?  Is it useful for anything?

This is useful when running at 192kHz.  This mode is available mainly to demonstrate GlissEQ's capability.

Dandruff: I'm running at 48kHz - why can I set the lowpass to values >24kHz (up to 96kHz)?  Why is it not possible to set the highpass to something below 20Hz (maybe just via keyboard entry)?

Aleksey Vaneev: You may adjust the spectrum display range - you can set filters down to 1 Hz.

Doesn't work here.  Low freq display range set to 1Hz -> Filter's don't go below 20Hz!?  Also why should this depend on the display range at all?  Display range shouldn't limit the filter range.

Dandruff: What is the 96kHz spectrum mode for when running at 48kHz?  Is it useful for anything?

Aleksey Vaneev: This is useful when running at 192kHz.  This mode is available mainly to demonstrate GlissEQ's capability.

Ok, but otherwise it has no real usage.  Can you make that deletable at least (although I would prefer it to be invisible by default when not running at 192kHz)?

Then another "global" feature request:

-> The preset dropdown menu should get expanded automatically when hovering over the bank names?  Why do we have to click there?  Bit timewasting and unexpected behaviour.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.