Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Overlay limit

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I would like to have more overlay channels in Gliss EQ.  Is it possible?  I find myself moving channels around all the time so I can use this function.

Bosse

I think this is not an optimal idea, to use all overlay channels, because this consumes a lot of CPU resources.  When GlissEQ is configured to 'export', it will consume CPU for spectral analysis even if the UI was closed.  Or do you have something else on mind?

What mean is to have more channels to choose from.  There are 16 right now.  I usually have drums on the first ten tracks for example and perhaps I have the bass on channel 17, then it can't be overlayed (or?) without moving the track.  I had this layout for a long time so it would be nice not to having to rearrange all songs.

Bosse

Well, is there womething wrong with my question?

Bosse

Nothing wrong with your question - I was just thinking on the solution.  How many channels do you need?

The project I am working on right now has 28 tracks but the problem I guess is that nobody can tell from the beginning how many tracks/channels you are going to have at the end.  I was thinking, is it possible to have some kind custom option?  I have three different suggestions (perhaps they could be combined)

1.  You pick any number of channels you want.

2.  You can pick any channels as long as they do not reach a certain limit.  For example you can have tickboxes so for example you can choose 1,4,8,12 as overlay channels.

3.  Gliss knows which channel you have inserted it in and then that channel becomes available.  I have Spaceboy and it does this in some way, but perhaps it is more difficult to do that in Gliss?

Bosse

Right now I can extend the list to 27 channels only.  Is it worth it or not?

Absolutely!  For me that would be a great change for my workflow.

Bosse

I have released GlissEQ 2.8 with more spectrum overlay channels.

Great!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.