Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Audio dropouts when GlissEQ GUI is open

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey, I've been having this issue for some time now, with GlissEQ and also with Marquis compressor.

Basically, when the GUI is open, I suffer from random dropouts even when my CPU use is under 50% on a particular project.  With Marquis compressor this usually happens as soon as I initialise the plugin and start moving a knob on the GUI, I get at least 2 dropouts within about 3 - 4 seconds.  With GlissEQ it happens randomly while the plugin GUI is open on default analyser settings.

I had always suspected that it had something to do with my PCIe video card VS the PCI sound card, but I am noticing that it's only happening with these Voxengo plugins and not any others.

Could this be a denormal issue ?  Or do you have any ideas what it could be ?

I am using my Voxengo plugins a lot more than the Kjaerhus Gold these days and thus, this is how I noticed the problem

Any ideas ?

PC Specs are..

- WinXP Pro SP2 (completely optimised, I have even tried installing a completely stripped down XP using nLite and I still get hte issue), Cubase SL 3.11

- Pentium D 3.0 GHz

- ATI X550 PCIe video card

- Echo Layla3G PCI sound card

- 2 GB RAM

Thanks a lot

Fots

Can you please check whether or not drop-outs happen only when UI is open, or also with UI closed?

hmm, this appears to happen when the GUI is open.  I'll do some more investigation over the coming week and report back mate

Cheers

Fots

OK, thanks.  This suggest me it may be a problem with drivers...  I think I remember somebody posting a similar bug report which was 'self fixed' later.  Can't be sure, though.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.