Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins SPAN seems to cause problems with another plugin

Hello.

I don't really have any right to beg for support for a free plugin but I thought I would mention my problem here, just in case you might find it interesting.

I recently found that a plugin I own, Epoch by Cerberus Audio, was displaying graphical errors in REAPER and I eventually discovered that these graphical glitches only manifested if SPAN was also in the project, whether enabled or not.

Cerberus said they had experienced some trouble with SPAN when developing another plugin and had never managed to solve the problem.

I posted a bug report on the REAPER forums since I though it was a REAPER problem...http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=170015

Regardless, I'd like to thank you for making SPAN available as a free download.  It's an excellent plugin and I won't be discarding it anytime soon.  If you can help shed some light on this problem that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I can't be sure it's caused by SPAN - a lot of users of SPAN is out there without issues.  Strange issue you've detected indeed.  I have no idea how this can be related to SPAN.  Maybe some shared memory issue.  SPAN's DLL is quite big, that may be a reason it happens with SPAN simply because it takes more memory and more chances for out-of-range access issue.

Indeed, I don't know if it's a REAPER bug, an Epoch bug, a SPAN bug or some strange collision between the three.  I narrowed it down to the bug happening when SPAN was in the project and not happening when it wasn't but as you say, it could just be because of the size.  Perhaps any other large VST would have the same effect.  I'll have to test that theory.

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for making so many great plugins available for the financially challenged.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.