Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Bug Report - OldSkoolVerb V2.3.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Test 3:

- closed logic

- started logic again

- Created new project (empty)

- created a mono track (no plugins)

- imported a kick drum track i recently recorded on the Mono Track

- Created a Busssend with Send Level 0,0 dB to Bus 1

- Bus Channel 1 had Voxengo OldSkoolVerb on the first slot

- OldSkoolVerb is the only plugin in the session

Result Test 3: After setting all this up everything works. i closed the session and waited a couple of seconds. then i reloaded the session. in the moment i started the playback the problem occured again. it was a sawtooth kind of sound coming out of the FX Bus. the sound level was at +6 dB and clipping. when i stopped playback the sawtooth sound stopped too. from then on the daw plays normal sound without any issues. i repeated closing the session and loading the session a couple of times. the problem didn't come back, but most likely will when i create a new mixsession.

What i know now is, that the problem occurs after reloading the session after loading the plugin. sometimes the noise comes right after loading the plugin or copy pasting it to another channel. the noises were two different ones so far. the first one was a short transient sound with evenly spread content above the frequency spectrum. when starting and stopping playback it does plop plop. the second one was that permanent sawtooth style tone.  Both noises happen at 0dB FS and above. sometimes it's only the left side of the bus output. but most of the times left and right.

especially at the beginning of a EP or Album mix i copy whole mix seetings from one project to another. or push different instances of OldSkool Verb to different busses. when i imagine having these crazy loud signals all the time i do this, i'm really concerned about the health of my speakers :-(

i hope we can solve it. i'm willing to try everything :-)

and thank you very much for your great and fast responses and your effort.

i really appreciate.

Thanks for more info.  But I have no idea what is wrong.  I've also tested this plugin in Mac OS X 10.6.8 - no problems.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First