Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Mouse-wheel does not work in OldSkoolVerb

The mouse-wheel does not appear to work in OldSkoolVerb v2.1

It works in all other Voxengo-plugins I use.

This is in Reaper v4.32 (32bit)

I can click a knob and drag, but the mouse-wheel has no effect on the knobs.  Other plugins used in the same session does not exhibit this problem.  It doesn't make any difference whether I click the knob first (putting focus on the plugin window) or not.

My platform: Win7 home premium x64 // I use Voxengo 32bit & 64bit VST plugs in Reaper 5.x 32bit and 64bit

It works as expected here.  Where exactly have you inserted the plugin in the project?

I have tried it on both the master track and on individual tracks.

It has both been tried in a chain of other Voxengo plugins and as the only plugin inserted, but that didn't make any change.

It's the only Voxengo plugin (apart from the earlier ones that haven't yet been updated with the new user-interface) that I can't use the mouse-wheel on.

I have only tested it in Reaper 64bit.

My platform: Win7 home premium x64 // I use Voxengo 32bit & 64bit VST plugs in Reaper 5.x 32bit and 64bit

It works here in both 32-bit and 64-bit Reaper.

I did some more trouble-shooting and found that there are in fact 2 plugins where I can't get the mouse-wheel to work:

OldSkoolVerb

MSED

On the list these 2 plugins are the only ones that appear not to be multi-channel (they have no number next to their name, in the reaper selection-list (the one that opens when you go to choose a plugin to insert))

All other plugins have either the number 4 or 8 next to them, and they all work with the mouse-wheel.

The older plugins (those that pre-date the current user-interface layout.  Such as Warmifier, TransModder, PristineSpace, etc) also don't work with the mouse-wheel.

I guess since nobody else have reacted to this post that it perhaps is something relative to my system that causes this behavior.

I should perhaps mention that all plugins run in bridged mode ("x86-bridged" in reaper 32bit and "x64-bridged" in reaper 64bit.  It says so on the header-bar of each plugin-instance), a setting in reaper, if that has any bearing.

The behavior I get is exactly the same in both reaper 32bit and reaper 64bit.

It's not a big problem since it's only with those 2 plugins, but it is obviously nicer to use the scroll-wheel than click'n'drag :)

And as long as they work correctly sound-wise, which they do, I can live with it :)

I think this is due to bridging.  Those two plug-ins are the ones I've just released and they use a bit different mouse-wheel handling in that they rely on VST mouse wheel events.

I tried switching off the bridge-mode and then the mouse-wheel works.

That's to be expected.  The change I've made provides a more comfortable workflow in some hosts in that plugins now do not "steal" keyboard focus thus allowing for usual "space bar" transport keys to function.  There are some hosts that had such issue with our plugins.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.