Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Suggestion for a new free plugin

Last

Next

Previous

First

I don't get you.  I mean there's also the different delays you have from each speaker to each ear.  Sorry, but IMO that's not possible to do with PHA-979 and MSED.  But you are the expert :)

Dandruff: I don't get you.  I mean there's also the different delays you have from each speaker to each ear.  Sorry, but IMO that's not possible to do with PHA-979 and MSED.  But you are the expert :)

What kind of delays you are talking about?  Speakers are positioned at the equal distances from the listener.  If they are not, it is a wrong placement.

If you are talking about mixing signals in delayed manner, you are forgetting about obvious comb-filtering that will appear.  It can't sound good.  I do not think any of the plug-ins or devices you've mentioned do this.

Aleksey Vaneev: What kind of delays you are talking about?

I thought that the signal from the one speaker doesn't reach both ears at the same time ...

Aleksey Vaneev: What kind of delays you are talking about?

Dandruff: I thought that the signal from the one speaker doesn't reach both ears at the same time ...

Yes, of course, there is tiny (really tiny) delay.  Ears have directionality pattern and so they work similar to ORTF microphone pair.  It's still pretty similar to XY mic technique - the delay is so small it's perceived as spatial coloration more than the delay.

These devices most probably do not use any delaying, because it really is redundant - and, beside that, it sounds bad when you try to mix L+delayed R (less than 0.1ms delay).

Yeah makes sense :)
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First