Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Thanks For The Boogex Update!

Last

Next

Previous

First

Is it possible to get boogex or perhaps could you make a new plug to emulate the Tom Sholtz Boston guitar sound?

I'm not sure I understand what is ' Tom Sholtz Boston guitar sound'.  At the same time Boogex may not be suitable for some particular guitar sound and at the moment I do not have plans to produce another guitar amp plug-in.

It's that great overdriven tone they got on the first album songs like "More than a feeling" "Peace of mind" especially the break on "Long Time" with just the overdriven guitar

it would be great if you'd consider making one

I've listened to these tracks.

I think the main thing about it is that it has been recorded in two passes (each hard panned left and right).  Another important element is reverb - it sounds like a gated plate reverb.  Moreover, distortion sound itself is based on small open cabinet as far as I can tell.  Of course, tape medium adds its own charm as well.

Here's what I've got trying to replicate this sound with Boogex: BoogexPreset.fxp. (you may need EQing as well).

Thanks Aleksey,

I'll check that out I've been away from the computer, I'm moving to a new home, love your plugs they are the best!

Jimrocks22

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First