Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Thanks For The Boogex Update!

Last

Next

Previous

First

Thanks for continuing support for your Boogex Amp Sim.

I'm sure I do not need to remind all that read this thread that Boogex is the only amp sim that import's custom impulse's (that I'm aware of).  This is personally very important to me as I have been a big fan of convolution processing since it was first available, and being a 'Convoluted guitarist', knowing you have not abandoned Boogex as a one-off project is good news to me...

I would just like to make one comment if I may regarding the phase rotation parameter.  I'm currently using Boogex in a split cab configuration using 'Spark FX machine' (same can be done using Traktions 'Rack' feature) feeding the mono source into the two Boogex's, then into the free 'Kelly Industries stereo tools' plugin to mute the left of one Boogex & the Right of the other.  Then by using your phase rotation parameter I'm able to get excellent width on the guitar's and using two different cab emulations really opens the sound a lot further!

Maybe you could consider a 'Boogex Twin' one day...

Thanks for your feedback and 'twin Boogex' idea - sounds good, I may consider implementing it one day (in a commercial package at least).

Cheer's!...

i have a problem with boogex 1.3 (denormal?): if i set "tone" to 0%, the cpu-usage (on my pentium 4, 2.5ghz) jumps from 15% to over 60% ...

can this be fixed/improved?

I've posted v1.3.1 which fixes that 'Tone 0' problem.

great. thank you! what was the problem? denormal state?

Yes, that was denormal problem, probably.

alright. thanks again ;-)

Terrific stuff Aleksey.

This new version (1.31) works really well with either Elec Bass played in via DI or as a processor for clean bass sample libaries - egs Scarbee J Slap n Fingered or the UBK P bass samples from Manytone.

For preference I run drive down low (0-10%), select bass cab G in the speaker sim and open the filter HPF and LPF rolloffs all the way and set dynamics pretty high.

You can mix the DI signal (Dry Post Cab) in with the amp sim sound to dial in a mix of the clarity of the direct inject sound with the tone of a miced cabinet.

Phil, thanks for your feedback on this.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First