Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Oversampling Peaks

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

you are right, that it makes no sense, if elephant supresses them ;-) but i've checked it with digicheck and sometimes it shows +0,1dB, but elephant doesn't show/indicate a "clip". how many clips in series are needed to be displayed as a clip? three? or how does this work in oversampling mode?

Elephant shows a clip if at least three consecutive overshoot samples were detected.

Make sure you are using oversampled mode (4x suggested) if you want to analyze Elephant's performance with Digicheck.  Lower oversampling cannot suppress all 'intersample' peaks.

Also, Out Gain control is usually not 100% exact (it can be fractionally different, internally) - I suggest you to set it to -0.1 or -0.3 dB.  That way you won't get clipping for sure.

And, of course, Elephant does not count intersample overshoots in the Clip counter like Digicheck does.

alright. thanks! with -0.3dB output it's really save (with 4x oversampling). best limiter i've tried!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First