Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Ideal time RMS calcs

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

First of all, really liking this plug.  My question is what is the ideal 'hold' time for calculating the RMS values in Elephant?  Reason for asking is that I also have Elemental Audio Systems' Finalis/Finis and through some testing using Elephant's default settings Elephant's average RMS was 18dB more than Finis'.  I recall reading a Bob Katz article about how the ideal settings to emulate VU meters but I cannot find it and I think this only refered to attack and release times of the values.  Thanks in advance.  Robert

Elephant uses 50 millisecond window to calculate peak RMS power.  Total RMS power is accumulated until you reset it (by stopping the playback or clicking the counter).

I dont think I worded the question correctly, I was refering to the ballistics options on the back of the plug-in that range from instant to 4 seconds.  My bad! ;)

This 'Ballistics' option is not really precise - it is just for 'dynamics' and instant visual feedback on what's going on.  You are free to select the option you like most - there can't be any general suggestions on this.  BTW, it does not display RMS value - it displays gain reduction only.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.