Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant very short audio dropouts

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I think this may be a computer problem... having just bought Elephant in the last few days, I find I'm getting occasional audio drop outs.  Not as long as you get with the unregistered demo version, these ones are typically of the order of between 50 and 150 samples long, and happen quite intermittently.

Longer ones coincide with a screen update, or even a tool tip appearing.

I notice that Elephant is taking up approx 22% of my CPU resources, as opposed to between 2 and 5% for most other VST plug ins that I also use.  So when doing anything important I ensure all other progs are switched off, and also I try to arrange a screen that requires no updating for the duration of a particular track.  However, even like this, I'm still getting these occasional glitches.

My computer is a 1GHz Pentium 3, 512 Megs of RAM.

Any suggestions how I can improve on this performance, please.

Cheers

Dave

Please disable 'oversampling' option which usually consumes a lot of CPU power.  Possibly this can cure drop outs problems.  Another solution would be increasing audiocard latency to value above 512.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.