Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant does not work with SX 3

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

I've updated cubase to SX3 and after having loaded one of my sx2 projects elephant does not function properly any more.  Using elephant with SX2 was great, the limiting process was ok but now - with SX3 - elephant does not limit anything. the level meter always reaches the area over 0db.  What shall I do that elephant works in the same way as it did with SX2?  What has happened?

Thanx in advance

Which Elephant version are you using?  Please make sure you are using the latest version 2.2.  It can be also a problem with SX3 which may get fixed in the nearest future (SX3 is a new product after all).

Hi Aleksey,

I'm using version 2.2.  Because of that problem I'll continue working with SX2 , for I'm really dependent on elephant.  I hope that someday SX3 and Elephant will be compatible.

Have you set the meters in SX3 to "Post Fader" etc and checked again.

(Right click on the level meters).

Not at my Music PC right now, but I think that by default, the SX3 meters will be showing you the levels BEFORE elephant (depending on where you've put it, of course!!).

This is all really strange.  So far I've got many reports about Nuendo3 and Cubase SX3.  I wonder what engineers at Steinberg changed so that some Voxengo plug-ins do not work properly anymore.  I really suggest you to wait for a Cubase SX3 update as I clearly do not see what I can do to resolve these problems right now.  But of course I'm working on this.

Hi Aleksey and TonyB,

the problem is solved now that I've set the meters to "Post Fader".  TonyB was absolutely right, the meters were set to "pre fader" by default.  I'm really grateful to you, TonyB, because now I can use SX3 together with my favorite mastering tool - elephant.

Thanx a lot.

Aleksey, everything's all right.  SX3 and elephant are working together very well.

OK, I'm glad to hear things were sorted out.

Apollos wrote:

I'm really grateful to you, TonyB, because now I can use SX3 together with my favorite mastering tool - elephant.

Thanx a lot.

Good to hear that...

the new "preference" cought many people out over at the SX forum (with mono tracks showing Stereo meters, and many users convinced that their mixes had got louder in the new version).

Thought it might be related.

Glad to help !!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.