Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Noise shaping

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Aleksey,

in response to your e-mail, there is one thing I am beginning to have some doubts about : the noise shaping algorythm of Elephant2.

I noticed on some newer masters I made, that these play back on older or some very cheap players with a lot of digital artefacts, like the signal is being modulated by some HF digital hash.

Also my Marantz CD80 - which used to be a great cd player - has this phenomenon.  And less so with the older noiseshaper I use.

This may coincide with the Marantz becoming quite faulty somewhere, but I noticed it also - in a lesser degree - on some cheap discmen.

On most quality players everything sounds very smooth however.

Is there the slightest chance your noiseshaping algorythm could trick some DA convertors in some weird source signal dependant HF mush ?

Note : this hash is always present, not burried in the noisefloor.  It even becomes more evident in louder passages.

If nobody else experienced this, or this is impossible, it may be due to the Marantz, although I don't see immediately which component is breaking down that could cause this ...

Yannick

AFAIK, Elephant's high-frequency noise-shaping-induced noise is pretty low in power and is focused in higher almost not perciptable frequency regions.  I suggest you to disable noise-shaping if you have doubts about it.  Another option is to check Elephant's noise-shaper to other noise-shapers out there, on your Marantz.  Also make sure your output ceiling is below -0.3dBFS.

The Marantz definately has a serious problem.

So my first post should be ignored.

OK, thanks for clarification.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.