Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Hi New 2 Forum Question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Alexsey, I've always been reading these forums as im interested in Mastering Plugins,and im wondering if you have any plans to compete with the new UAD Limiter in the sense of retaining Better Bottom end as well as being able to get as much level with your Elephant Plugin as i've used my friends UAD Limiter (Demo) and Your Elephant2 (Demo) and to my ears the UAD Retained more overall sonics than the Elephant2 as it handled the Bottom end better.  Love Your pricing don't mean to start a war or anything but im wondering if you have got something under your sleeve comming up to compete and wipe out UAD's New monster.

Im a Fan who will be waiting for your next Gem to buy!!

Try placing CurveEQ or Soniformer before Elephant and you'll have total control over your bottom (well, not *your* bottom :) - you know what I mean).

Fid, I have not tried UAD's limiter myself, so I have no comments here.  From my developer experience I may imagine that if a limiter preserves the bottom end power it does it at the expense of added distortion, so I guess one should also compare the clarity one finally gets - such distortion may not be always acceptable.

I'd like to confirm what fac said...  Soniformer is particularly good because you can very easily tweek the input slope setting to adjust the overal bass/treble balance.

Given that you probably need some form of compression before you limit, Soniformer is an excellent choice.

Is UAD Limiter multiband, because that could make a difference, or at least many think so?

One final thing with Elephant, if you use the DC filter, set it as low as possible, because even though it has a steep filter slop, it will still eat into your bottom end a little.  I usually use values between 16 and 20.

And for my $0.02 regards to Elephant itself, I like the clean sound.  I am not going for 'loudness at all costs' but boosting around 6dB I find excellent.  Minor tweeking of the input dB is all that is required to match loudness across tracks without effecting the overall sound.  I am lazy, so I mainly use AIGC3.  6dB should be about twice as loud in theory, so that is probably enough in my books.

Thank you guys for your opinions, im gonna try some experiments with the plugins i already have, e.g T-racks Vst, Timeworks Compressor, until Aleksey brings out his next new Gem which i feel might blow alot of Plugins in one!  Im also gonna download the Soniformer Demo and give it a go too :-)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.