Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Mastering separate tracks or all at once.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello,

Does DX support Voxengo Plug-ins support?

Can you use Voxengo in Soundforge & CD Architect?

When you start mastering with voxengo, do you have to master all the tracks that you want to master all at once with the same mastering settings?

Or do you have to master the tracks separately with different mastering settings?

I believe if you do the last question, the album will not sound as different tracks joined as one.

Let me know.

B'

Answered in the Soniformer support forum.

B' - that seems kinda like a SOundforge/CD Architect usage question.  In other words using CD architect you can either insert a plugin on each song of the project or you can insert it on the final master control section.  The choice is yours and depends on what your songs require.

If you use the volume handles in CDA to adjust the loudness of each song to sound about equal then you may just want to push all the songs the same amount into a mastering limiter 1 or 2 dB - in that case you you insert the effect into the final mastering section.

If each song needs many different types of changes or repairs even you would insert effects into the individual song.  Be aware that CD Architect does not allow you to turn off effects easily (like Sonar3 does - I use that to master now. or Cool Edit Pro where you can freese track effects) so the cpu load accumulates and after a certain number you're very bogged down.

If you're attempting to 'fix it in the master' type of approach after 6 or 7 songs with a few effects for each that usually finishes off my cpu.

I don't know what you mean about Soundforge - I stopped using it at version 6 - as far as I know only 1 song can be brought up in that editor - unless you're talking about batch I guess.

The folks over at the Sony forum might have some better ideas for you.

Good luck, kylen

Kylen, I use CD Architect 5.0 to master. but if there is something wrong with a track, I just go back to Logic to adjust it.  The only thing that I was not sure about was wether to put a master setting to each track, or all the tracks together to "yes" make it uniform.  Not to finish off my CPU, I just go back to logic.

Thanks for you respond.

B'

Hi B' - I was just trying yo say that if I had a 13 song project in CD Architect then I wouldn't be able to insert 13 Elephants - my cpu would blow up.  For that reason I switched over to Magix Cleaning Lab 4 (believe it on not $40) which gives me most of the same functionality for my home CD mastering needs.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.