Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant AIGC - I don't get it?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

AIGC - is supposed to set the optimal In gain, right?  Well, it doesn't change the value of the In gain, which I thought it would.  And I don't get the optimal amount of limiting either, I believe.  It seems to be around 0.5 dB?

Have I misunderstood that function?  Sorry, I'm a bit new to limiters.

AIGC adjusts the internal in gain, and does it adaptively.  It is not supposed to adjust the In Gain you specify since it strives to reach the In Gain value, but at the same time strives to give less distortion.

As for amount of limiting, this is a very hard question to answer.  You should decide that for yourself, I suppose.  If you hear something's wrong or overcompressed then you should decrease the In Gain.

In any case, AIGC is a pretty useful mode, requiring little attention to various controls Elephant offers.

Ok, let me see if I got this right.  You said: it strives to reach the In Gain value, but at the same time strives to give less distortion.

Should I take it, that it means it sort of turns the gain down if you overdo it?  Sort of an intelligent In gain mode.

What is the difference between AIGC and AIGC 2?

Yes, it is exactly an 'intelligent' In Gain mode.

AIGC 2 mode gives even less distortion, but if In Gain is too high some pumping can be heard.  AIGC 2 mode is best when you don't need very high gains.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.