Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Setting Shape and RShape ??

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

EL-2 mode does not use approach I call AIGC, but it uses a special filtering not used in the original AIGC-1 and -2 modes.

Newer AIGC-3 and -4 modes use both the filtering of the EL-2 mode AND input gain control like in the original AIGC modes.  The original AIGC modes used another kind of filtering.

Thanks Aleksey.  So if there is a AIGC-3 and AIGC-4, what is the point of still having EL-2?  Is there certain types of music EL-2 would work better with or something?  Or some sort of other advantage?  I'm still confused about that.

EL-2 can be still useful.  As the user's manual states, AIGC modes may give some slight pumping.  EL-2 may work better for the cases where you dislike AIGC's pumping.

Aleksey,

Shape and RShape can't be adjusted in AIGC-4 mode (for example).  But why do you show different values for these then?  For example if you switch between preset "Soft +4.5dB" and "Soft +6.0dB"!?

That's simply a left-over from previous preset settings used during preset design.  In AIGC modes both parameters are not used, so their values are not considered by the plug-in.

ok, that's what i've though. but i wasn't sure.

what about hiding these knobs and numbers completely for the modes where they're not used (in a future update)? or just hiding the numbers and setting the knobs to a fully counter-clockwise position?

just to don't confuse the user :-)

I'll re-implement visual display in the future version.

ok :)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First