Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant 1.1e

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Just purchased your mastering bundle, and I wanted to say that I think the Elephant is wonderful.  I have been struggling with some mixes with L2 and Peak Master.  I stumbled upon the Elephant through the Wavelab forums and downloaded the demo.  It was the sound I was looking for.  Very transparent.  Thank you so much. -- Would it be possible in future releases to have the option not to truncate and/or be able to apply a different dither?  Thanks again.

But I have already added an 'Off' option.  As soon as I get some more info on noise-shaping I'll surely add some dithering options.

Thanks!

Hi J,

I don't use Wavelab, but I think it should provide the very good UV22 dithering.

In Samplitude, we have the ( even better ?! ) POW-R dithering.

So, I never use any plugin dithering.

peace, Jan

Thanks Aleksey.  Sorry for the dumb question.  I misunderstood the Off option.

Hello Jan.  So far I think I prefer the Waves IDR to the UV22, at least for the music I'm doing.  I would like to try the POW-R, but I don't think it's available for Wavelab...

John

Id like to see what aleksey comes up with on his own!

On a seperate note I prefer the megabitmax dither(s) by far to pow-r and uv22.  I currently use the uv22 though, because Ive used it for quite a while now and have become very accustomed to it.

-Robert

By the way: What happend to the HQ-mode elephant?  On a 1Ghz PIII the hq now takes 25% of the cpu power!!!  The version wich had this logic problem (after reopening a song there was always the non-hq version loaded), and wich hadn't the rms-meter was very less power-eating.

What did you implement there?  I really hope it is possible to bring it back to almost the power-eating level it once had.

Greetings.... and thanks for your wonderful sounding tools...

Klaus

Maybe it happened that you've took the normal version for the HQ one?  HQ version is *meant* to be CPU-intensive, it takes 11% of my 1.3GHz Athlon (which is pretty comparable to 25% of 1GHz P3 due to a more efficient floating-point math of Athlons).  I have not changed anything in the audio-code of the HQ version (only its VST identifier was changed).

BTW, I've did some improvements to the GUI code (in v1.1f) so it may be less demanding now.

I know that the hq means cpu-intensive.

Hm, but I will check this out... because it once really was the hq-version (v1.1g or something).  I can say that there's a difference, because on our 1ghz we had songs wich we could play with the elephant in hq-mode and now we can't (without changing anything at the pc and the song, of course).

As I said, I will have a look.  I will also check it with my p4 2,8ghz.

Greetings...

Thanks for the fast response...

Klaus

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.