Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Host for Elephant DX/VST

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a new host as I am getting tired of Sound Forge 6.e and Cool Edit Pro 2.1 crashing for various reasons.  I am also having a problem with SONAR 2.whatever and the VST/DX adapter I bought from them that only recognizes 2 of Voxengos great effects at a time...

So I'm really not making music am I ?  I'm one step before meltdown.  So before that happens maybe you folks can help.

I'm looking for real hands on advice, not a quote from a review.  If you have a host/VST adapter you have used for a project and like it please give me a hand.

1.  Are there any n-Track users that are running Voxengo plugins and DX plugins ?

2.  What VST adapter do you use for n-Track ?

3.  What other hosts do people actually use and VST adapters ?

Thanks for the help !

Kylen, to get all Voxengo plug-ins listed with Sonar's wrapper you have to put all Voxengo plug-ins into the same folder.  This is a bug in the wrapper that still has not beed fixed.  If you have some time you can report this bug to wrapper's developer.

Thank you for the tip Aleksey I will try it.

I have reported the VST adapter symptom twice now to Cakewalk and also to the Cakewalk partner who developed the product.  When they are so kind as to acknowledge me I will add the information you've just given me.

Kylen,

all voxengo plus run perfectly on N-Track without any additional software/adapters.  The latest N build (1491) also automatically corrects the latency in the aux and insert busses.  The only complain I have is that N does not show the names of the build in presets....  Or... do you wanted to say that there's a problem running DX and vst's at the same time???  Until now I had no problem with this, although I've not tested it with the latest build.

klaus

Hi Kyle,

You may also tack a look at Tracktion.

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/products/tracktion/

It supports VST plugins.

It's different, but interesting ...

peace, Jan

I have moved the individual Voxengo '*.dll' files to a single subdirectory under the Vstplugins directory and everything works fine now using the Cakewalk VST Adapter and running the plugins in Sonar 2.1

Also thanks to you folks who replied concerning the host question, ks and Jan, I am reviewing the hosts you are using also.

Works get in n-track for me as well, with some issues with presets (with all plugins) no adapters necassary

-Robert

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.