Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant 1.1d ??

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Aleksey,

Sorry, to annoy You ...

Obviously, there are only small changes ...

But if You could find the time, to write just a short sentence,

like "improved 96k compatibillity", for every update,

it would be very helpfull to decide, wether to download/install, or not !

thanx, Jan

OK, Jan.  But I really think that some intermediate betas are not TOO important.  If I release something really important, I tend to put an info.  This v1.1d beta has 'DC filter' implemented.

Thanx Aleksey,

I would consider an added DC filter, as important.

Also, without this info, I wouldn't be able, to test the beta, for You.

Well, You decide ...

I'll keep my mouth shut ...

peace, Jan

Hallo Aleksey,

I checked out those beta version before you added the link button (was it the c Version?) and I have two problems:

Under Logic Audio 5.5/WinXP: If I save a ElefantHQ as an Insert and save the song after loading the song there's the Elefant without HQ loaded (and I want to use always HQ ;-) since it really makes a difference).

Problem two: The Level is hard to control: If I set the output to -0,3 db the level never reaches -0,3 db most times -0,6db. (Max Setting, fastest shape(max. left position)).  I get -0,3db when I set the elephant output to +0,4!  This seems to work different with different shape settings.  Sometimes my spdif-levelmeter shows other peak-values than the logic margin.  With the Waves L2 it is always exactly the same value on the meter and in logic.  Is this problem solved in the beta 1.1d?

Thanks again for this great sounding tool.

Greetings

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

If you open HELP file, you will find:

Out Gain knob can be adjusted to adjust output volume after incoming audio signal passes limiting stage.  This is not ceiling-like control, it is strictly a "post" type control.

I think it says all.

Cheers,

Vitaly.

Klaus, I'll check the problem with Logic.  However, that may affect presets already created.

As for out gain, I'm sorry this can't be made like in Waves L2.  I've developed algorithm which needs some dynamic space for its work.  But as far as I'm concerned that is not a problem in most of the cases.  0.1-0.2 dB margin is normal, it does not decrease final signal power considerably.

Thank you for the DC filter!  That was one of the other features I had asked for in the other thread :) And Im very happy that it's been added!!  Another notch in elephants belt to help bass heavy mixes ;)

gets better everyday.  I may buy a second set of these plugins for the studio we opened over in orlando

I cant wait for lampthruster to come out

-R :) bert

To the output-level topic: Ok, I now see how it works so I can handle it better.  Thank you for your fast reply.

To the "load not the HQ-Version" Problem: It does not depend on presets I created in the past: I mostly never save the setting in the Elephant as preset.  Every value is stored very well automatically with the song as it should be.  If I store a Logic song with several hq-elephants in it, close it and open it again every parameter in every elephant is loaded perfectly but all the elephants are now loaded in the non-hq version.

If it is a problem to store the versions-information (hq or non-hq) with logic songs I would prefer to let logic open everytime the hq-version (I guess this mostly is the version wich one chooses).

Greetings

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

There are two Elephant files, in Your plugins folder.

One is called VoxengoElephant.dll, the other VoxengoElephant HQ.dll.

I don' use Logic, but it should help, to move the VoxengoElephant.dll out of Your plugins folder.

This way, Logic should only see the HQ version.

bye, Jan

Thanks Jan, I allready thought about that.  But since this (in the same folder) is the way Voxengo are installed by the install shield, it would be nice to have it installed automatically in a way that works.  Otherwise every update means that I have to delete, copy ... .

Greetings

Klaus

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First