Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant When loading Elephant 3.2, Sony Soundforge 9 crashes

When I add the new Elephant 3.2 in Soundforge 9 the program just disappears/crashes.

But it runs great in Cubase 4.

To my knowledge, SoundForge 9 does not support multi-channel capable plug-ins correctly, You should update to the latest SF 10 to be able to use Elephant 3.2.

SoundForge 9 is the latest version and it is supposed to be multichannel - at least it does surround.  SF9 runs all my other VST plugs OK.

I will miss not having Elephant in SoundForge as that's where I do final mastering.  At least it works in Cubase 4.

You make great stuff Aleksey.  For the price and sonic quality I have nothing to complain about.  I'm glad to have such great tools.

Sorry, for mentioning SF10 (what I was thinking about?).  I meant try to upgrade to the latest available version - 9.0e or what is it.

Also, here is a possible solution from the Q&A.  It seems that even the latest version of SF has problems.  Please note that your other plug-ins that work fine are most probably not multi-channel capable plug-ins and so they work fine.  I can also refund your order if you dislike this situation.

Q19.  I'm having problems running the latest generation of Voxengo audio plug-ins that are multi-channel capable.  I'm trying to use them in Sound Forge 9.

It came to our attention that Sound Forge 9 still has problems with multi-channel plug-in handling.  However, one of our users has reported that this problem can be resolved by instantiating plug-in in SF9's built-in "plug-in chainer".

Hi Michael, hi Aleksey!

Elephant 3.2 does not crash at all on my SF 9e.  Neither as single direct FX or plug-in chainer.

BTW, I have problems with latency.  VU-Meters show peaks before I hear them.  This happens with all Voxengo plug having metering system.  I am new to SF, so I have to check if there is some specific option to compensate latency.

UPDATE: This problem appears with all plugins.  It is not Voxengo specific... sorry.  I have to investigate on how to compensate latency on VST side in SoundForge.

Cheers,

andrea

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Andrea, thanks for that tip.  I'll have to check my version and see if it's 'e'.

I can live with latency but crashing ...

If it works, or doesn't, I'll post results here.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

did you try to update SF to 9e release?

Cheers,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Yes, it works with SF 9e!

Thanks!

Great!

Cheers,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.