Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant recommendations for elephant for sample orchestral mock-ups

Of course transparency is key here.  I have liked the preset ultra smooth (set lower to 1.5 db) - but really interested in others opinions on this.

Rob

You may try to increase Trans Time further in the Mode settings.

Super idea Aleksey.  Really liking this latest upgrade.  Extremely fair upgrade path.

Rob

HI ALeksey - studying this 'trans time' more I find that increasing it allows more transient items to come through on the mix and the expense of overall loudness (which is good for orch mockups) - any suggestion on what to limit this increase time to?

Thanks again for the good idea.

Rob

You decide here.  But I personally would not go above 5ms.

Good advice Aleksey. going above that could result in a over 0 db event?  Or do I just lose some overall loudness?

Rob

It may go over 0dB only for a brief moment, but then it will settle down.  Using >5ms transient times may produce a bit smeared dynamics.

Hey Aleksey - what do you mean by 'smeared' dynamics (hottest points shaved off a bit).  Thanks for the reply.

Rob

Rob Elliott: Hey Aleksey - what do you mean by 'smeared' dynamics (hottest points shaved off a bit).  Thanks for the reply.

By smeared dynamics I meant that adjacent signal peaks influence each other too much.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.