Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Mode Impressions

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I have been using Elephant for about a year and after experimenting and performing my initial listening tests I ended up using EL3 mode most of the time when mastering.  Recently I read something on this forum about the "clip" mode option, something I had never even considered using so I thought I'd give it a try.  I am really impressed with the overall sound quality.  When used conservatively it sounds very clear and open in the middle and top end and yet it controls the spurious peaks very well.  Again, I am not pushing it ie. there is still dynamic range.  I'd be curious as to what other peoples impressions are of this mode.  I've tried it (clip) with four songs (vs.  EL-3) and I think I really like the option of using "clip" mode (with x 4 oversampling).

Thanks for your feedback!

WillB: I have been using Elephant for about a year and after experimenting and performing my initial listening tests I ended up using EL3 mode most of the time when mastering.  Recently I read something on this forum about the ''clip'' mode option, something I had never even considered using so I thought I'd give it a try.  I am really impressed with the overall sound quality.  When used conservatively it sounds very clear and open in the middle and top end and yet it controls the spurious peaks very well.  Again, I am not pushing it ie. there is still dynamic range.  I'd be curious as to what other peoples impressions are of this mode.  I've tried it (clip) with four songs (vs.  EL-3) and I think I really like the option of using ''clip'' mode (with x 4 oversampling).

Yea, that was probably me you saw recommending Clip, it truly is astounding!  In addition to your observations, I recommend AIGC-4 (spelling) for anything where transients are less important but you want a very smooth limiting character (e.g. acoustic material).

I use Clip on everything since I produce electronic music.  You can especially hear how good it preserves transients by listening to the kick, no other limiter I have tried can do this.

Cheers

Fots

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.