Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant 3

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hows it lookin?  Anytime soon?

Whats your key features in this upgrade?

I still love it, i use it everyday!

It won't be released very soon - but I hope to release it before Q3'2008.  Main features: new visual look, multi-channel support, a bit better metering, more refined "mode" controls, more dithering and DC filter options.  Probably, a new limiting mode will be also implemented - but this is only in plans, I do not know how it will go.

I have a question.

Would you please add a link button that links the input gain to the output gain inversly to the existing and future versions of Elephant?

This is actualy a good idea of the L1/L2/L3 limiters.  It lets you judge the sound of the limiter a bit more efficiently, since you're not limited to operating one control at a time.

If not for the current 2.x Elephant, please consider it for the 3.x version, if you have not so far.

Take care

Airon

The linking is already possible: please hold the CTRL key before dragging the in gain knob.

I should have RTFM.

Thanks for the tip.  Looking forward to v3.

Aleksey Vaneev: It won't be released very soon - but I hope to release it before Q3'2008.  Main features: new visual look, multi-channel support, a bit better metering, more refined ''mode'' controls, more dithering and DC filter options.  Probably, a new limiting mode will be also implemented - but this is only in plans, I do not know how it will go.

Would really be great to see a new limiter mode implemented, one thats closer to the immediate snappyness of the ones in Ozone (Intelligent mode) and Sonnox Limiter, so that Elephant can preserve transients as well as those two :)

Hi Aleksey,

How's the v3.0 coming on?

Well, I can't say much beside "I'm working on it". :) I have not managed to put things together before Q3'2008...  Hopefully, it won't take much more time from now.

Aleksey Vaneev: It won't be released very soon - but I hope to release it before Q3'2008.  Main features: new visual look, multi-channel support, a bit better metering, more refined ''mode'' controls, more dithering and DC filter options.  Probably, a new limiting mode will be also implemented - but this is only in plans, I do not know how it will go.

Arksun: Would really be great to see a new limiter mode implemented, one thats closer to the immediate snappyness of the ones in Ozone (Intelligent mode) and Sonnox Limiter, so that Elephant can preserve transients as well as those two :)

Try Clip mode!  Best transient preserving I've heard anywhere and it doesn't distort like Sonnox.

Cheers

Fots

Just for interest sake I tried out Ozone against Clip mode in Elephant too, and Elehpant was still my favorite by far.

Ozone started distorting a lot quicker and blurred the lower frequencies.

Try Elephant in Clip mode (no oversampling needed) and you will be amazed, this is the best limiting algorithm I've heard, and after some analysis, I can see that Aleksey is doing more than just a simple digital clip to get this quality.

Cheers

Fots

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First