Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Is this a bug?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello,

i've recently noticed in two tracks i've done, that Elephant seems to have a problem with low volume parts of my songs.  When i play the songs back in Renoise all is ok, the problem seems to be only active when rendering the songs.

I have made two stripped down audio snippets of the endings of my songs.  In the first example one can hear, that the reverb (Glaceverb) doesn't play until the end, but get's cut off, the silence at the beginning is due to me stripping it down to an example.  In the second example it's a melody run into two instances of Filterbank and the endless delay suddenly stops playing.  It's especially noticable in the second example and clearly visible in the waveform.  As said, when i play the songs in Renoise, these parts play fine.  Also when deactivating Elephant, the songs render fine.  I've also made screenshots of the settings i've used.  I'm using the latest version of Elephant.

Links removed

Greets,

Alex

Please make sure your Elephant is registered - press the '?' to be sure.  If not, you will have to enter your product key using the 'Register' shortcut in the 'Voxengo Elephant' program group.

It's registered fine and Elephant displays my name in the about screen.

I should also mention, that these tracks were several minutes long and didn't had any dropouts in the song, this seems to only happen in my outros.

Hi Aleksey,

i've done some more tests with a friend and it seems to be a Renoise problem.  Strange thing is, that when i've deactivated Elephant yesterday, the snippets rendered fine, now they don't.  I'll contact the Renoise devs.

Sorry for bothering you, i'll write back and inform you of the result.

Greets,

Alex

I'm working with Alex on this.  This might not be a Voxengo problem after all.

OK, let me know if this is Voxengo problem.

Elephant produces processing latency - this is usually a tough problem to handle in audio host applications (was always a problem with most hosts - though, was usually resolved after all).

The problem was solved and will be fixed in the next Renoise release.  There was an error in the FX auto suspend routine of Renoise.

Greets,

Alex

OK, thanks for the information.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.