Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Where are the meters?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I'm checking out the demo of Elephant using Sound Forge 8.  Elephant is the only plugin in the chain, and it is definitely active, since I can hear the periodic test tones.  The numeric values next to the meters change regularly, but there is no activity on the meters themselves at all.  In fact there is no yellow level line or other indication of a level.  Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Level meters in Elephant show gain reduction only.  If you do not see any activity on the meters it means Elephant does not limit signal.

Thanks.  As I mentioned, I'm using SF 8; I'm evaluating Elephant, Soniformer and CureveEQ as a Mastering Suite.  I noticed on the CurevEQ forum you addressed some sort of bug in Sound Forge that affected CurveEQ, I think.  Does that bug affect all plugins, or just the EQ?  If all, can you explain the workaround a bit more?

Thanks

That bug affects CurveEQ and Soniformer.  Workaround is simple.  In CurveEQ, before applying preset, you have to touch the out gain slider up and down.  In Soniformer you should do the same with the Out gain knob.

This bug does not appear in chains to my knowledge, though - only when you are applying a single effect (via FX Favorites).

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.