Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant parameter settings

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Aleksey

Do you have any recommendations on parameter setting for Elephant to dup The Kjaerhus MPL-1.

I've been getting close with EL-3 & Lim Speed set to Min but it's not 100%.  The MPL-1 is affecting the low a little differntly on this on song that I have been testing it on.

Thanks for you help!

Byron Santo

www.ByronSanto.com

I can suggest you to use EL-3 with release value a bit higher than what you've selected in MPL-1.  Also, using St Link 50% is vital to get a similar sound.  You'll get a close sound to MPL-1, but MPL-1 pumps a bit at default settings while Elephant won't do that.  MPL-1 also handles stereo field in a different way.

Hi : Aleksey

Thanks for the tip on the St Link! :)

You are welcome! :)

Aleksey

After much Elephant tweaking and A/B comparsions I have decided to PASS on the MPL-1.  On the three songs that I compared I could not tell a differnce.  I was able to dup the MPL-1 sound with Elephant.

On each comparsion all peak levels were -.50db, RMS variance was .73, I compared the waves in multiple areas and they were identical and I also Inverted the Phase on the Elephant track, played both and my overall level dropped to -7.00db so I'm gussing that is a good sign for Phase Cancellation.

I know that there is a slight differnce with the RMS variance but my ears could not detect it.

Is there any other test they I may be missing?

FYI, the songs that I used were my own mixdowns so there really wasn't any problem areas.  Maybe Elephant & MPL-1 may respond differntly in that situation??????????

The most important things when comparing limiters (their gain reduction stage):

1.  Overall coloration when limiting occurs.

2.  Character of compressive pumping (a good limiter should not pump like a compressor, or such pumping should be controllable/switchable).

3.  Amount of achieved gain without sounding 'farty'.  If limiter A can give you RMS -10 dB but still sounds decent while limiter B can give you the same RMS but sounds a bit farty then limiter A should be preferred in such small test.

Hi Aleksey

I guess that settles it then.  Another win for Elephant! :)

With similar settings in MPL and Elephant, I must push MPL more to become a similar RMS/K-14 level.  I'm using EL3-Mode with oversampling to "Auto" (should be 4x oversampling in offline-rendering?) and about 150ms releasetime.

I like the MPL Userinterface ;-) Whould be nice to see some skinning support in the future of the Voxengo-Plugins or another more "eye candy" UI.

[deleted] double posted

4damind, UI will be redesigned in the next generation of Voxengo plug-ins.  And will probably support skins.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First