Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant audition length

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

newbie here. a professional recording studio owner suggested voxengo elephant for my home recording - great product for a newbie amateur like me! when i use the audition (v2.4) i only get 2 seconds of audition. is there a way to change the length of audition to something like 30 seconds? i'm using elephant v2.4 with sonar home studio 4.0. thanks in advance.

What do you mean by 2 seconds of audition?  Plug-in should be working all the time.  Demo version only puts silence periods or beeps, but then recovers to normal state.

aleksey - thanks for the quick and personal response. i have a registered version, not a demo version. the plug-in works fine when i hit the "ok" button (amazing plug-in!!). when i hit "audition", the track time goes back to the very beginning, no matter where the present time marker is, and then loops continuously for about two seconds of track time (this is a single clip, single instrument ). it is almost as if there is a hidden marker at the 2 second track mark where time hits the marker and bounces back to the beginning in a continual loop. i uninstalled and re-installed, re-registered and tried both the presets and manually making settings and also tried this on two other sonar track files and got the same result in all cases. i also notice that those vertical meters that are on the plug-in never activate - i assume they are only for auditioning? when i hit "ok" to process they don't do anything. maybe i installed elephant wrong? i'm using sonar home studio 4 and elephant is listed in my menu under "Audio effects" ---> "VST". this isn't holding me up from my work because i can always hit the "Undo" in sonar but i was wondering why my auditioning didn't seem to work. thanks in advance.

aleksey - another piece of information. i installed the free SPAN application and am getting the exact same behavior in "Audition". i get constant looping for the first 2 seconds of the track. i've tried it across different projects and get the same result.

i found the problem. sonar 4 has a setting in the Options->Global->General tab at the bottom for "Audition Commands for". the default value was 2 secs. i changed the value to 25 seconds and both elephant and SPAN ran for the 25 seconds. unfortunately, the maximum allowable setting in sonar 4 is 25 seconds but that is a lot better than 2 seconds!

zfmusic, I'm glad this has been resolved.  I suggest you to ask a question on Sonar forums - maybe there's a better solution for you available?
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.