Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant & Samplitude problems

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi!

I've been using the Elephant for some 6 months by now, and I just love it!  Aside from being a really good mastering limiter, the dither is very very good and I use it a lot, the only other useful dither being the POW-R1.

Nice job!

However, I have a problem..  It tends to give an error when I open a session in Samplitude or hide the limiter and open it again.  It resets all the settings of the limiter and the error is: Exception during "dispatchEffectsClass" error (24 0 941).

Might be a problem with Samplitude, but thought to ask here first.

This seems to occur only when 4x oversampling is selected.  So far I've tried to remember to select 4x oversampling only at the last step but I don't always remember to do that.

Oh, I've tried re-installing and running Samplitude's VST-DX converter over again.

The time I DON'T use the search, I find this..

http://www.voxengo.com/forum/elephant/294/

..Trying that first!

Which Samplitude version are you using?

By the way, judging by the numbers (24, 0, 941) I may conclude that Samplitude has something going wrong inside.  24 is a 'set preset' function, 941 is a length of a preset data.  Length should be 1024.  Probably this tells nothing to you, but you may contact Samplitude tech support and quote my message.

Alternatively, you may purchase and use Cakewalk VST adapter.

Hi & thanks,

my version is 7.0 Classic.  Just downloaded updates.. will continue testing.  I might ask from the support and quote you there. :)

Indeed, you may try using Samplitude 7.2 - probably something has been fixed there.

Well, tried all the updates but zero help.

I e-mailed Samplitude support and quoted you there.. let's see what happens.

The Elephant is a bit more stable in the auto oversampling mode, but still no oversampling is the only way to not get these errors.

I could live with this - save the sessions with no oversampling selected, but put it on while bouncing.  Just need to get that on my head. :)

Have you tried to updating Elephant to the latest beta v2.4.3 ?

By the way, I've just tried the latest beta v2.4.3 in Samplitude 7.2 demo (simply started a multitrack project and inserted a WAV file in a track, then using Track Effects inserted VST VoxengoElephant2).  Then selected oversampling 4x and tried opening/closing plug-in window several times.  I do not get any problem.  Can you try the same simple scenario when you have some spare time?
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First