Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ CurveEQ ISO 226 Curves

Hi Aleksey,

I'll pop this one up on the forum in case it helps another user.  I love CurveEQ and am finding uses other than just EQ-ing tracks and mixes.  The ISO 226 curves are useful for several test and set-up tasks, and I'd created such a curve in another EQ years ago (but not as accurate) when tuning my studio room acoustics.  But the ISO curves in CurveEQ are "upsidedown" compared to their normal use (which for me is to provide 'constant loudness' over the audible frequency range of the human ear).  Very easy to invert them, but I wondered why the plots are the way they are?

BTW, the way I employ ISO 226 curves in testing is to enable hearing frequency sweeps at the same perceived level from 20 Hz on up.  It's especially useful below 100 Hz since the human ear rapidly drops in response, BUT you need to be cautious because the level will increase 30 or 40 dB or more relative to 1 kHZ.  I typically set the level with a 50 Hz sine wave to 80 dBA or 90 dBA and then sweeping frequency up from there will reduce power to speakers or headphones, but should sound the same level to an 'average' human ear.  Sweeping to lower frequencies will rapidly increase the power level, and can quickly find resonances in your room, or in your head!  I use REAPER and have the auto-mute function set so I can't accidentally run the speakers or headphones too loud -- others should be wary!

The ISO curves were inverted for better looks.  Of course, if you need an "equal loudness"-corrected white noise you'll have to invert the curve.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.