Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ More formats for CureveEQ Spectrum Tool

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Are there any plans to support more than just uncompressed WAV files for the Spectrum Capture Tool?  There are so many formats in use now, I'd at least like to see mp3 and flac used in this.  It would also be neat to see how the different encoders change the spectra and compare to the originals.

In my opinion it's not such a great idea to use mp3 or any lossy files as a source because usually they are lacking the highest frequencies - this will produce a notch if you use them as a matching target.  Other than that I understand your concern - I'll see if this can be implemented.

Thank you for looking into this, it will be very helpful in our day-to-day work!  I understand with many older MP3 encoders the 16k dropoff was true, but with LAME codecs at higher bitrates this has become less of an issue.  It's been quite well documented and tested.  From what I understand, a 320kbps CBR true stereo file, when LAME-encoded, will produce a file of equal fidelity as the source WAV but I'd like to test that theory with the Spectrum Tool! :)

OK, thanks for this suggestion.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.