Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ CurveEQ steep filtering

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

HI!  I have question if it is possible to use Curve as a steep HP filter to get rid of the lowest freq (20 or 30hz).I know there is a preset - steep filter,but I can't move the points to cut the lowest freq and keep its steep character.Thanks for help

CurveEQ is not really suitable for steep filtering since its EQ range is down to -30 dB only.  If you have Elephant I suggest you to use its DC filter section since to my knowledge linear-phase DC filters may sound a bit smeared due to low-frequency pre-ringing artifact.

Thanks for reply,I have Elephant and I'll try it.I was hoping for something like UAD Cambridge EQ has.  There is one very steep filter to choose (36db/oct) that is great for removing the lowest unwanted freq.  Maybe you could think of applying similar filter to one of Voxengo eqs - just a suggestion:)

Well, in my opinion, such filter is not really suitable for CurveEQ due to phase-linearity.  In Elephant it's in its place since such DC offset filtering is usually required on the last step before loudness maximization/limiting.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.