Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Feature Request

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

I must say this is one of my all time favorite EQ plug-in, but I think that working with the points could be easier.  What would really be nice is a way to optionally snap to various frequencies and dB values on the grid by dragging a point with the mouse.  Also, I would like to see precisely on the status bar where the point is on the grid if a single point is selected with the mouse; As it stands, the mouse over function is too broad to determine exactly where the point is.

Thanks

Ozzie

Well, snapping is available already - you may lock the control point position by left-clicking on the control point and turning it into red.  Control point position readout is also available - when you drag the control point it displays its position.

I understand that you can lock the points for vertical moment by inverting the blue to red, but I would not call that a snap to function.  Let say the red point is at -9dBFs and I would like to move it to -6dBFs, it's very difficult to drag precisely to -6dBF on the grid.

The bottom line here is that the interface is difficult to work with.  The other point is, what if I want to know what frequency and what amplitude does the red point contain at its current location.  If I try and mouse over the the red point the values are all over the place.  I'm just looking for an easier way to work with the interface.

Thank you, I will take a note about these inconveniences and try to refine them in the next major version.  However, I'm not really interested in implementing snapping you are talking about - there really is little sense in it for mastering and mixing applications.

You are right, the snapping is more of a nicety rather than a necessity, but being able to precisely know where the point position lie is extremely important.

Again, thank you for your attention to this matter and I look forward the next upgrade.

Ozzie

OK, you are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.