Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ New owner of Voxengo Curve EQ - but quick question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

As I cannot use my Waves Master bundle anymore (running cubase 32 bit in xp64) I have purchased this plug.  I have many Voxengo plugs and really see them as a wonderful value.  My initial impression of this plug is similarly good.

My question is could someone get me started.  I do primarily orchestral mock-ups and am looking for something to carefully dig out the mud - overall (around 250-300 hz) and perhaps give a little 8K+ 'shine' as well.

Of course i spend a lot of time mixing each track but always enjoyed Waves 'broadband EQ' to do this above mentioned task on the final master buss.

Setting these freg's is fairly straight forward but it is the LONG list of 'Gear A and Gear B' that has me stumped.

With samples they can tend to be 'digital' or a tad brittle - can you recommend a starting point for both 'gears' to warm up the sound a tad (I like Tube B).

Thanks for any of your experience you may provide.

Rob

Well, sorry I cannot be of much help on Gear settings.  They are additional phase/EQ colorations - nothing more.  So, whichever sounds best for your particular case is best.

Thanks Aleksey - just working my way through them.  Do I have this right from the manual - if I use the 'gear settings' the EQ is no longer in 'linear phase'?

Good plug - thanks for all your help.

Rob

Rob Elliott: Thanks Aleksey - just working my way through them.  Do I have this right from the manual - if I use the 'gear settings' the EQ is no longer in 'linear phase'?

Yes, except if you use options with * marker - these are linear-phase.

Rob Elliott: Thanks Aleksey - just working my way through them.  Do I have this right from the manual - if I use the 'gear settings' the EQ is no longer in 'linear phase'?

Aleksey Vaneev: Yes, except if you use options with * marker - these are linear-phase.

Perfect - thanks Aleksey - really like Tape and Tube B.

For a nice warm analog sound.

You are welcome!  Glad you find a good use for gear options.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.