Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Default Capture Files

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I would like "standard" files for the pink and brown noise, possibly the others as well.  Since these are a type of transfer function, it should be practical for Aleksey to calculate the correct entries for these and put them into the files called "Pink Noise.cps", "Brown Noise.cps", etc.

These are reference types of sound, and I would rather to not use the product to generate such files from limited analog or other sources.

This is a request that would be like cream cheese icing on the cake, for an already fabulous product.  What say ye Mr.  Vaneev?

Sorry to maybe disappoint you, but I do not think that such presets are necessary at all: there is very little need to match anything against these constant slope curves.  On the other hand if you want to apply such curves, they can be easily created on the screen.

I was trying to use pink noise into CurveEQ capturing that spectrum, saving that, and then using it later.  Is there a way to do this "capture" without using the pink noise input?  This is not a preset I am trying to do, but a capture profile.  Since these types of noise are function related, I was hoping for a shortcut. :) I always like shortcuts that work better than doing it the long way.  This way bypasses any errors in creating such noise in the first place, which can be considerable.

Disappointed?  Nope.  Not disappointed in the slightest.  This is a wonderful product.  I only wish I had purchased a license to use it much sooner than this.

I agree I would not like to match completely to one of these curves in general, but they can serve as a right good starting place for some things in certain circumstances.  I can think of "Wall of Sound" types of applications mainly.

Thank You!

I would go as far as to ask you what the "*.cps" file format is so I might create one myself?

I understand I take full responsibility for anything that might happen up to and including blowing up my computer.

To create desired .cps files you may take a white noise file as a starting point, then apply desired EQ curve to them (pink, brown noise, etc), and then use the spectrum matching function, and then finally save the captured spectrum file to disk.

Aleksey Vaneev: To create desired .cps files you may take a white noise file as a starting point, then apply desired EQ curve to them (pink, brown noise, etc), and then use the spectrum matching function, and then finally save the captured spectrum file to disk.

Ok, this is at the crux of the issue.  I have to start with generated noise, with all of its' anomolies, for the reference.  I have found that many sources (most) of white and pink noise have considerable deviation in them.  Quality sources for such noise have been expensive, and even have limitations on their accuracy or specification.

Shortcut.  Hint.  Shortcut.

But I am satisfied as is.  I will make do.

Thanks.

For creating the "*.cps" file I was indicating that I would use a programmer's editor and directly create the necessary structures with the appropriate data.

I keep thinking we're somehow missing each other, separated one train track away.

I found a way.  I've got a function generator & generated a high quality sine sweep from .5Hz to 22000Hz and used that.  It is equivalent to white noise for the audio bandwidth.  It has already shown the errors in computer white noise generators I had on hand.

Situation solved for me.

I think my eyes have seen better days.  Ha, a pun.  That is a ".CQS" file.  My bad.

Getting the "Pink" equivalent is proving to be a lot harder.  But I will find a way!

Since I am using a computer function generator that you can enter formulas into, I should be able to modify the sine sweep to give the 3db/octave change, and be accurate.

When I am done, if anyone is interested, I will check into posting the "CQS" files of my results.

I'm not sure what do you mean by 'abnormal' white noise.  For spectrum matching you do not need any 'special' white noise since all you need is to capture the spectrum slope.

So, before capturing you'll need to apply an EQ curve with the desired slope in CurveEQ, and then use this processed white noise as a source signal.  It's very simple and I've did this myself a number of times: you may also use the Slope setting in CurveEQ itself as a helper.

Using a sweep is not a very good choice since CurveEQ's analysis window is short in comparison to sweep duration which may be several seconds long.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First