Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Right Mouse click as a Group Function

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

I think that CurveEQ is a fantastic tool, but a little difficult to work with.  I would like to see more grouping options other than dragging.  I usually change several frequency points from blue to red.  This would be nice if I could right click on a group and change them to red or blue for editing versus right clicking 60 points.  Or am I missing something?  And what would really be cool is some form of snap to grid position.  It is very difficult and time consuming to position points precisely on the current grid.  Come on, let's take a great tool to the next level.

Thanks,

Ozzie

There's an 'invert' option in the Reset menu.

There is node movement constraining available: CTRL and ALT keys.

I'm not sure what do you need grid snapping for.

I use the invert, CTRL and ALT features all the time, but that not what I'm getting at.

OK, Maybe I'm not clear here.  Let say I analyze a source to obtain an EQ curve and apply it to another source.  You have a choice of the number of bands to represent the curve correct?  Let say for this example I want to use 60 bands.  When the process is completed, the results are initially represented with BLUE dots that can be reposition in any direction.  Let's say that I don't want the frequency position to change so, I right click all the blue dots to make them RED dots so that they will only move up and down(Gain only).  So, in short what is the easiest way to change 60 BLUE dots to 60 RED dots in one operation.  Right now, I have to right click all 60 blue dots to make them red.  When doing this on many tracks its pretty time consuming.  All I am saying is this function should be a group operation the same as dragging the mouse over a group of dots to move them together.  Or If a group of dots are selected with the mouse and I right click on the group the whole group should change to red not one dot.  Isn't that the whole idea behind grouping?

Ozzie

"I'm not sure what do you need grid snapping for."

What I am trying to say here is that I am unaware of any method to precisely move within your interface.  I find it very difficult to position the dots precisely where I want them I'm either close but never exactly where I want them.  If I'm shooting for a gain of -3dBs, I have to settle for -2.91 or -3.06 because I can't stop at -3 using the mouse, the same with slider.  With most interfaces, the user is allowed to enter values directly or by utilizing the mouse wheel to enter precise value and of course this is not the case here.

I know you're familiar with the "snap-to-grid" principle most DAWS have this function.  I think it would be nice to have an option where the dots could snap to any of the legend positions or allow the user to enter values directly for the dots.  This is just an idea to make the user experience more enjoyable and efficient when working this product.

Ozzie

"Reset" menu contains the appropriate item to invert dots: please check it out.

As for the precision, you may switch the visual scale to get a better precision.

Aleksey Vaneev: ''Reset'' menu contains the appropriate item to invert dots: please check it out.

SWEET!!!  Sorry, about that could have saved some typing!:)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.