Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Question about user manual statement

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

"To get better results, it is suggested that you process several distinctive parts of sound material."

This is taken from the manual.  Does this mean that I should process several parts of the song I am matching to a captured spectrum?  As am example...  I have a song that starts with just acoustic guitar then breaks into drums with bass and electric.  Should I process each part separately, first the acoustic guitar, then the full band part?  Is it best just to process my entire track?  Thanks for the help.

This is my first post, and I just wanted to say that I am blown away by all of Voxengo's plugins.  Unbelievable quality for such a good price!  Thanks very much.

Some applications like WaveLab allow you to stop playback, move cursor and continue playback (and, thus, spectrum capture).  In this scenario it is very easy to capture different parts of the track.  In your example, it is indeed can be beneficial to capture acoustic guitar and the other more 'crowded' part in equal duration.  This will result in a less biased matching afterwards.

I'm glad you like Voxengo plug-ins!

Thank you very much.  That makes a lot of sense.  So, let me ask this....  Is it better to run an entire 4 minute song through the Spectrum Capture Tool, or should I just be running a few seconds of the song through?  Thanks again for the help.  I've only owned CurveEQ a day, but I already love it, and wonder how I worked without it before!

To save time you can use the Spectrum Capture Tool.  But for musical precision running spectrum capture manually can give more control over results.

Excellent.  Then that is just what I will do!  Thanks for you quick responses too.

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.